Working platforms and platform ladders, mobile
Platforms, working platforms as well as platform ladders of KRAUSE are made of steel or light metal and meet the highest requirements according to the latest DIN standards.
Platform ladders are a very stable alternatives compared to the classical ladders and offer fundamental product advantages: Platform Ladders have extra large platforms to provide a safe and comfortable working area even for longer time periods. Special fall protection and handrails ensure an extra safe working. Integrated castors ensure that the working platform and platform ladder can be moved easily and quickly.
We offer a wide range of different types of platform Ladders. KRAUSE … just more platform ladder!
The advantages of the R13 steps and platform with open hole pattern
- R13 is the slip resistance class with the highest static coefficient of friction and offers very high slip resistance - even under demanding conditions where, for example, large amounts of grease and oil are present.
- Use indoors and outdoors is possible even with very dirty or slippery surfaces such as water, snow, ice, oil, grease, dust, granules, etc.
- High slip resistance, as the steps clean themselves when stepped on; impurities such as dirt, mud or ice fall through the holes.
- The steps and platform are made entirely of aluminium and are not subject to attrition as is the case with steps with rubber or plastic inserts.
- Self-locking transition barrier for complete protection of the workplace
- Secures the stair area against falling down
- Can be used for retrofitting of existing KRAUSE platform ladders for comparable 40 mm round tube profiles
- Dimensions (W x H): 640 x 530 mm
Tool tray with clamb function
- Fixture to 40 mm round tube by two connectors with thumb nut
- Suitable for all KRAUSE platform ladders, special constructions and railing systems
- Tools and materials are located where they are required
- Fast and toolless change to new position
- Rubber inserts against slipping of tools and materials
- Dimensions: 500 x 300 x 100 mm
- From a platform height of 1.0 m, handrails are required on both sides according to DIN EN 131-7
- Handrails have to be ordered as accessories
- Available in 3 versions for all platform ladder sizes starting with 3 steps
Where KRAUSE is, there is safety - Platform ladders
Platform ladders with steps and castors are technical work equipment and represent a source of danger in total. The employer must ensure that a qualified person commissioned by him carries out a recurring work equipment check to ensure that the platform ladders are in proper condition.
KRAUSE SafetyServices - More security for your company
Use our on-site inspection service for ladders or take part in one of our seminars for qualified persons so that you can independently check your ladders in the future. Learn in-depth specialist knowledge of the safe handling of KRAUSE products in our user and product training courses for ladders.
A platform ladder or platform stair is a platform with a handrail and a large working surface that can be accessed from one or both sides. If required, KRAUSE platforms can be equipped with a toeboard or a storage tray for tools and small parts. Steps and platforms are furthermore grooved and in combination with the handrails ensure safety when ascending and descending as well as standing on the platform.
KRAUSE platform ladders reach a working height of up to 5.30 m. They are equipped with practical swivel castors and arrestor (model platform ladder Vario compact excluded), which allows a comfortable moving and repositioning of the platform ladders.
Slip resistance classes, also called R-classes, classify floor coverings and walking surfaces according to their degree of slip resistance. The classification is based on measurements of the slip resistance properties of the surfaces, which are determined in special test procedures.
The categorisation is used especially in public buildings and institutions, but also in private living spaces and other areas to ensure the safety of people walking on them. Depending on the use and application of the flooring, certain slip resistance classes are recommended or even prescribed.
Slip resistance classes range from R9 to R13, with R9 being the lowest and R13 the highest level of slip resistance, and can apply to the following areas:
• R9: Low slip resistance, e. g. indoor areas without accumulation of liquids such as living rooms or offices
• R10: Medium slip resistance, e. g. private bathrooms, public toilets, barrier-free entrances
• R11: Increased slip resistance, e. g. kitchen areas in the catering trade, laboratories, swimming pools
• R12: High slip resistance, e. g. industrial halls, large kitchens
• R13: Very high slip resistance, e. g. slaughterhouses, breweries
R13 is the slip resistance class with the highest static coefficient of friction and offers a very high slip resistance - even under demanding conditions where, for example, large amounts of grease and oil are present.
DIN EN 131-7 is a part of the DIN EN 131 series of standards, which defines the requirements for different types of ladders. Part 7 specifically deals with mobile platform ladders with a maximum platform area of 1 m² and a maximum height of 5.0 m. All platform ladders from KRAUSE fulfil the requirements of EN 131-7.
All KRAUSE models meet the requirements for a workplace according to TRBS 2121-2 (= Technical Rules for Industrial Safety). The use as a workplace is always given if the user does not leave the platform ladder during the activity and carries out the work standing on the platform ladder.